Ok on to the MAIN point of this silly post. Strawberry Singh once again did another meme! This one is to express why you blog. Most of these questions are pretty simple, straight forward, but, they do allow for a wide range of replies, so I’d thought I’d give it a shoot, seeing how you’ve known me long enough, I can write for days and not stop for a single drop of water. Blogging is something I’ve done, in many forms since I was a little internetnoob, so sitting here and answering these questions will be interesting~ Onward 2 question answeringggggg~
- How long have you been blogging? In my whole life? Since I was 12, off and on for years, on sites like freewebs, blogger, some sites like gaiaonline, etc etc, and ofc, then sl! SL blogging started in the winter of 2011.
- Why did you start blogging? At first, it was the cool things to do. I could sit around and spend hours, opening Photoshop Element 6 and just, make my own layouts and templates, banners, etc etc. Web design is what brought me to blogging in the first place over the years. When it came to sl, and I saw that people made blogs for fashion, I jumped on that as soon as possible. Sadly I deleted all my old things, my first SL blog, gone, wasn’t really thinking at the time, wish I hadn’t. But, the modivation to blog in sl, was to just, show off what I thought was cute. Yet, as time grew, I found myself just wanting to talk, and express, and many times my blogs became about the words, rather than the pictures on the screen
- How many times a week do you post an entry? Not all that often, really not enough. I wish I posted at least once a week, but some times that just isn’t the case.
- How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis? I don’t read blogs all that much. I do from time to time, read articles i find surfing the web, some which are on blogs. I’ve grown tried of looking at only fashion blogs, and only reading designer credits. That’s another reason I decided to branch out from that section of blogging, and try to go into more, story like blogging, research blogging. Seeing someone put so much thought and time into a chunck of writing, and putting a real meaning behind it, it’s just wonderful!
- Do you comment on other people’s blogs? I’m trying to now, I never really did so before, but now that I’m dipping my toes into the SL blogging community, I really want to take part in it all.
- Do you keep track of how many visitors you have? Yes I do. It’s sort of exciting to see people following you, and your page hits grow. I’m starting to learn the value of good tags, and categorizing my posts better.
- Did you ever regret a post that you wrote? No, and I don’t indent to. If i write something, take the time to look at things, build a solid base of information, i’ll never regret anything.
- Do you think your readers have a true sense of who you are based on your blog? I’m sure they have a good sense of my fashion style, but of me? It could be, but not completely. Being sweet and nice, and clearly an “open” book as some people might call me, there are alot of parts of me that don’t show up in my blog.
- Do you blog under your real name? No, people know my real name, but i always go under Rose or Nami.
- Are there topics that you would never blog about? I’m sure there is, but so far I haven’t run into that. I don’t however think I could ever support anything I don’t believe in, or, don’t have facts to back up.
- What is the theme/topic of your blog? Well, at the moment, 90% of all that is on here is fashion (rolling eyes) I honestly wish to be like Strawberry Singh in the sense that she posts anything that interests her, and not just every post a fashion post. I think I’ve grown tired of it because I want to write more, and more about the world we are in, rather than how cute this top is or who many lip color options that skin has. Because behind all the pretty pixels, other things lie. Like feelings, experiences emotions, things that matter, and sometimes we hide behind the pretty to avoid the ugly truth.
- Do you have more than one blog? If so, why? I have two, at the moment, this one, and .Olive. ‘s blog. Mainly so that I can post all the info I need on each item in one place that I make. This one is more for fun, and exploration and expression.
- What have you found to be the benefits of blogging? I can explore and gather myself when I blog. I can set forth a plan, an idea, and do it. Over all, I have no pressure to blog, no obligations no nothing, I just blog to blog, and say what I want to, and to gather together all the twigs and leaves of my brain and make a nest for you all to be warm in. I’m being stupid again, its 5am, i’m being a hippie sorry.
- So, why do you continue to blog? i don’t have an answer for this. I guess the vain one would be, I like the attention, and the coutinious reinforcement that my words, and images are amazing. Cocky as it sounds, what i do create for this blog, is worth it at the very least for a few people to appreciated it. The hours put into it, and the soul that I pour onto each piece is pretty big, and so that’s one way to answer it. Yet on another level, I blog for me. I blog because I could never keep a diary irl, only sketchbooks, with the most random, out of place words and things ever. I’m never really sure what exactly is it I am saying. I’m a post publishing editor. Meaning? i don’t proof read before I click publish. It’s al on impulse It’s a moment reaction when I blog, when I plan. I don’t sit and really ever thing i just write, like i am in this moment. Blogging has taught me how to take all the random strings of things in my head, and find a way to make them all make sense. It’s altered the way i think in my brain, where before it was sounding something like this : blue butter fish tail miranfa is a peanut; it sounds more like : the blue fish that I saw in my dream the other night has a really funny tail that looked like butter and then Miranfa came flying in dressed as a peanut. Expect ofc when I am thinking, its normally not that, but more like, the ideas and things I am learning in school are all rushing together in a river that is my mind, and it flows now. It’s strange but blogging helped me do this.
Welp, now that THAT is done, I hope you all enjoyed another roz filled post XD ty Berry for taking the time to post this meme, tbh, i have no idea what I just wrote, I honestly, other than the last question, remember what I even said. And I think that’s what my blog is for, I write, no matter where, to whom, when ever, I write to express, to gather, and to orginze, to cement my thoughts, and I using this blog, to catapolit me into a world where i think more, and express more, rather than just being a dull little butterfly.